Wednesday 4 June 2008

Corrected the order of my names to "Hirano Takaci" from "Takaci Hirano"

Now I modified several lines on my web. Changing the order of my name into "Hirano Takaci" from "Takaci Hirano".

I have to explain about it. The order of Japanese "given name" and "family name" is reverse to English names. That is, family name comes first, and given name is next. For example, a football player "Nakata Hidetoshi", Nakata is his family name, and Hidetoshi is his given name. However, when I was learnt English first at junior highschool, our teachers made our names match the English order, though we felt unnatural with them.

I was used to the past order a bit, but recently people try to correct the order. I have wondered about it, because it was troublesome to change all of the lines around my circumstance online. The address of website, the credits of contents, e-mail, or so on.

But this is a problem of my identity, and I started to change some of them on my web which I could do now. I will get new domain of my web and e-mail, and change them again. I am sorry to you for confusing much, and I will appreciate your understanding.

As for me, "Hirano" is my family name, and "Takaci" is my given name. The correct order is "Hirano Takaci". You can call me "Takaci" as you did here or in e-mails. Please don't mind it much.

No comments: