Sunday 9 December 2007

Why do you still use films?

http://www.lightstalkers.org/why_do_you_still_use_film

via: TakePic

--
Interesting talks.

In this winter, Japanese famous camera companies, Nikon, Canon, Sony and Olympus released new digital SLR cameras. Especially, Nikon D3 is special, because we can shoot at ISO 3200 without few grains by D3.

You can see the sample images at this link.
http://www.nikonusa.com/template.php?cat=1&grp=2&productNr=25434#

and, also a ISO3200 image:
http://chsv.nikon-image.com/jpn/products/camera/slr/digital/d3/img/sample/pic_004.jpg

Of couse, it costs so expensive for most people. But in near future, its technology will come down to the consumer products, and we can take pictures even at night's street much more easily than ever. We will come across soon, the images we have never seen.

Then, why do you/I still use films? The quality of ink-jet printers has reached already high. The prints from them are sometimes better than "orthodox" ones. The color of digital images is gradually getting better, and in future it can be superior to that of films.

Now I use films because I am afraid that I loose the digital images by accident, for example when I travel around for more than 1 month. When I carry the digital SLR camera, I have to carry the laptop PC or some portable HDD in my baggage in order to stock images. I must be careful all ways to keep it not shake or fall down from the desk. But the problem will be solved. The price of HDD getting cheaper these days, so we can carry a few of small ones anywhere.

Then, why do we still use films?

No comments: