Monday 2 July 2007

The enlargers of Lucky



Recently, the number of films at the market is decreasing. As for colour print films, Agfa Photo became bankrupt, and Konicaminolta finally gave up photo business, Fuji and Kodak cut down their production. Almost all labs for also gave up their analogue printers and now uses digital lab systems. In addition, over 90% of commercial photographers shoot with digital cameras in Japan. Some serious photographers are crying "Don't loose films' culture!".

I don't know where films are going or fading away. Before I started photography, my father already got a small digital camera and sometimes I used it. I enjoyed its digital images on father's CTR display, and that memory made me build my own website of photography, though the works are almost all made from films.

On the other, it's a big problem that the best results of the films cannot be realized on prints these days. Because, although especially negative ones results best with analogue printers or home enlargers, there are few analogue lab systems in cities at last. Only I can do is getting an enlarger to realise films' best colour perfomance on prints, though its cost is expensive.

Or, are films completely fading away in near future? Agfa restarts films business. Some amateur photographers are unyielding against digital images. Some serious photo masters keep on crying...

Fujimoto Lucky's Enlargers

No comments: